VELA takes responsibility by complying with the 10 principles outlined in the United Nations Global Compact. The UN Global Compact serves as an overall framework for our CSR policy.
VELA develops and markets groundbreaking solutions for people’s seating requirements. VELA runs its business with consideration for people’s comfort and wellbeing. As a natural effect of taking people into consideration, ethics and morals are a high priority for us.
VELA not only strives to work within the guidelines below but places similar demands on suppliers and partners.
Vermund Larsen A/S
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Make sure we are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Support the effective abolition of child labour
- Support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
We expect and demand that our suppliers and partners follow the same high ethical standards, so we have integrated Factlines Supply Chain Compliance in our supply chain. This external review, conducted through compliance documentation, risk assessment and correctional action plans, ensures that our supply chain complies with our ethical standards.
Quality and environmental policy
Vermund Larsen A/S has a management system for quality and the environment based on international standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. We have a defined policy that all the employees in the company work from to maintain our focus on customer satisfaction. We continuously improve products and processes to meet specific goals, so we live up to the requirements of both customers and authorities.
Environment and quality policy at VELA
Based on VELA’s vision, mission and values we have created a quality and environmental management system that serves as a foundation for the decisions and actions we make in the organisation. Through this system, we focus on customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality seating solutions with a deliberate product life cycle.
- Maintain close dialogue with our customers about usage, expectations and improvements
- Maintain close dialogue with our suppliers about making the right choices regarding environment and quality
- Respect current legislation and regulatory requirements
- Inform and educate all employees about environment and quality aims and ensure the right competencies
- Focus on energy-conserving approaches
- Strive to make environmentally conscious choices and prevent pollution
- Work to continuously improve the entire value chain
VELA focuses on the environmental life cycle in all relevant processes through each stage of development, including the choice of supplier, our product production and also recycling and disposal.
As a manufacturing company, we can make an environmental difference by recycling materials and products. In the daily production, we sort our waste and send metal, electronics, batteries and packaging to be reused. We also reuse packaging and plastic in our production.
VELA has a wide range of reusable products and parts. VELA chairs can be redistributed either as they are or after a repair or exchange. This reusability is utilised by many of our customers, including municipalities. Recycling takes place according to the customer’s requirements, expectations and written agreement.
We encourage our customers to ensure correct environmental disposal if the product cannot be recycled.
People with special needs
As a workplace, we focus on people with special needs. We have integrated different part-time jobs and internships that cater for people with special needs, which has, in turn, enriched our workplace culture.
Do you need further information?
9200 Aalborg SV
Monday – Thursday
08:00 – 16:00
08:00 – 15:00
Saturday – Sunday